Princeton University

Category: Minutes

September 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

September 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

At 4 PM on September 13th, the Lawrence Committee held a monthly town hall meeting over zoom. The following are the minutes of this meeting. The Lawrence Constitution Committee is proposing two amendments to the Lawrence Constitution which will be voted on on Friday 9/23. […]

August 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

August 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

At 4 PM on August 25th, the Lawrence Committee held a monthly town hall meeting over zoom. The following are the minutes of this meeting. This academic year, the committee is planning on hosting a town hall on the second Tuesday of every month (note […]

May 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

May 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On May 12, 2022 the Lawrence Committee held its monthly town hall meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting. The Lawrence Pool party has a date change — it will now be on Saturday June 11 from 3-7 PM at the Nassau Swim […]

April 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

April 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

Improper pet waste disposal: Someone has been leaving bags of dog poop on the floor in the men’s bathroom on the first floor of Building 1. Sometimes they are on the floor. Sometimes they are in the trash. The Committee would like residents to know […]

March 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

March 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On Thursday, March 17th, 2022 the Lawrence Committee held its regularly scheduled town hall meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting. Starting Monday March 21, Lawrence will begin transitioning to new, more energy efficient washing machines and dryers. While payment for laundry was suspended […]

February 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

February 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On Thursday, February 10th, 2022 the Lawrence Committee held its regularly scheduled town hall meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting. The 3/10 Town Lawrence town hall meeting will be postponed to 3/17 to account for spring break. The 3/23 auxiliary meeting will […]

January 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

January 2022 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On Thursday, January 13th, 2022 the Lawrence Committee held its regularly scheduled committee meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting. TL;DR We have a new channel on the GSG slack to help with misdelivered or missing packages We’re planning three events for the […]

December 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

December 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On Thursday, December 16th, 2021 the Lawrence Committee held its regularly scheduled committee meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting. We would also like to invite residents to the Lawrence slack channel, which is a channel on the GSG slack. A link to join […]

November 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

November 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On November 11th, 2021 the Lawrence Committee held its regularly scheduled meeting. This e-mail contains the minutes from that meeting. Please note that the next Lawrence Committee meeting has been scheduled for December 16th at 7 pm. The results of the next Lawrence Committee election […]

October 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

October 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

A regularly scheduled Lawrence Committee Meeting was held on Thursday October 14th, 2021. The following are the minutes from that meeting. This year Tigers with Cubs, the organization of parents at Princeton, has decided to have a trick or treating event at the Lawrence Apartment […]

September 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

September 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On Thursday, September 9th, 2021 the Lawrence Committee held its regularly scheduled committee meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting. The Committee will reach out to the office of environmental health and safety to request that formal instructions be given in case of […]

Minutes of the May Lawrence Committee Meeting

Minutes of the May Lawrence Committee Meeting

Dear Lawrentines,On Tuesday May 11th, 2021 at 6:30 PM, the Lawrence Committee held its regularly scheduled monthly meeting. The following are the minutes from that meeting: An election to replace the committee’s external relations delegate will be scheduled to be held sometime over the summer. […]

April 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

April 2021 Lawrence Committee Minutes

On April 13th 2021, the Lawrence Committee held a regularly scheduled meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting: The Lawrence Garden is officially opened! If you are interested in additional details please visit the Lawrence website at https://lawrence.princeton.edu/garden/  In response to complaints regarding littering […]

March 2021 Meeting Minutes

March 2021 Meeting Minutes

On March 9th 2021, the Lawrence Committee held a regularly scheduled meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting: The University’s transportation office has reported that they have taken actions to reduce crowding on the Weekend Shopper and in general on the buses. These […]

February 2021 meeting minutes

February 2021 meeting minutes

On February 9th, 2021 the Lawrence Committee held a regularly scheduled meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting: It was decided that the minutes sent to the residents will highlight important information with a link to the full minutes on the website. Deepen […]

January Meeting Minutes

January Meeting Minutes

The following are the minutes from the January Lawrence Committee Meeting held on January 12th, 2021. Officer Sean Ryder from public safety was in attendance and discussed programs run by public safety and answered questions from residents.  Saumyashree Ghosh, the facilities manager, has contacted facilities […]

Minutes of December Committee Meeting

Minutes of December Committee Meeting

The following are the minutes from the Lawrence Committee Meeting, held on Tuesday December 8th, 2020: The results of the Lawrence Committee elections are as follows: President: Deepen Garg Vice President: Chadi Saad-Roy Secretary: Noam Reich External Relations Delegate: Yunxiu Zhou Social Chair: Nastya Karpova […]

November Committee Meeting

November Committee Meeting

The following are the minutes from the November Lawrence Committee meeting, held on November 10th, 2020: Chadi will talk to GSG about the threat of injury from stray golf balls coming from the golf course to our community Residents are requested to report any event of […]

October Committee Meeting

October Committee Meeting

The following are the minutes from the Lawrence Committee’s October meeting, held on October 13, 2020: Residents are advised to break the boxes before putting them in the recycling bins. Also please do not add plastic bags and Styrofoam in them. Chris will put up […]

September Committee Meeting

September Committee Meeting

The following are the Lawrence Committee Meeting minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday, Sep 8, 2020: Outdoor Yoga/Fitness We are exploring the option of having a possible outdoor yoga weekly session but it involves a lot of moving pieces and cannot be promised at […]

June Meeting Minutes

June Meeting Minutes

The following are the minutes for the Lawrence committee meeting held on Tuesday June 9th The next committee meeting will be in September. However given the special times we are in, the committee will be ready to meet during July as well as August if […]

May Committee Meeting

May Committee Meeting

Below are the notes from the last committee meeting held on May 12, 2020. Lawrence Committee MeetingTuesday, May 12 2020 Roll Call Amit H Chris T Kendra B Richard G Chadi S Noam R Michael H Kevin F Deepen G No objection to the amendment. […]

April Committee Meeting

April Committee Meeting

Below are the notes from the last committee meeting held on April 21, 2020. Lawrence Committee MeetingTuesday, April 21 2020 The Alexander bridge construction work is scheduled to be completed “during the week of May 4, weather and COVID permitting” We have proposed amendments to […]

March Meeting

March Meeting

Cancelled due to coronavirus

February 11th Meeting Notes

February 11th Meeting Notes

Transportation Charlie Tennyson from the Transportation office described the University’s initiative to reform transportation (buses, scooters, bike shares, and car shares) as part of the Mobility Framework. They are currently looking for input from the community and offered a few ways to do so: The survey we […]

January 14, 2020 Lawrence Committee Minutes

January 14, 2020 Lawrence Committee Minutes

Constitutional reform Create new position of “facilities coordinator” (name pending) Example of GCHC: “Facilities Chair” Merge two other positions Perhaps Webmaster and Secretary Rename GSG Representative to reflect the full scope of their responsibilities Example of Lakeside: “External Relations Delegation” Rename committee meetings to encourage […]

December 10, 2019 Minutes

December 10, 2019 Minutes

Elections were held  for the 2020 Lawrence committee and following are the results President – Amit Halevi Vice President – Chris Tokita Secretary – Deepen Garg Social Coordinator – Richard Gagliardi GSG Representative – Chadi Saad-Roy Webmaster – Noam Reich Garden Coordinator – Kendra Bergstedt Yoga […]

November 12 Meeting Minutes

November 12 Meeting Minutes

Below are the notes from our most recent Lawrence Committee meeting on Tuesday November 12, 2019. These notes contain information on the much-asked-about Lawrence Composting program, which has hit a delay (read below).  Housing update New playground equipment is in! Old playground is still up but […]

October 8 Meeting

October 8 Meeting

Garden update The season is almost over and has been a great success, with around forty gardeners! There will be a final cleanup after Halloween, and Mauricio plans to buy some extra supplies with the remaining funds (from participant fees). Social events Campfire and s’mores […]

September 10 Minutes

September 10 Minutes

Gardening update The summer went well. The next community event will take place around the last weekend of September. If new residents are interested in learning about the community garden, they can go to the garden’s page on the Lawrence website or contact the garden coordinator, Mauricio […]

May 14 Minutes

May 14 Minutes

Transportation – All current annual graduate parking permits (residents and commuters) will be extended to September 30. The printed expiration date on them is June 30. A new virtual permit system should be deployed by late summer to issue virtual permits beginning in the fall. An […]

April 9 Minutes

April 9 Minutes

Upcoming Game of Thrones event The event takes place on Sunday the 14th at 7:30 pm in the building 14 common room. A reminder will be sent on the day of the event. There will be food, games, and drinks. We will also show a […]

March 12 Minutes

March 12 Minutes

Upcoming Wine, Cheese, and Chocolate Tasting event The event will take place on March 30th at 5:30 pm in the building 14 common room. Posters have been placed in each building and email reminders will be sent to the residents this week and the day of […]

February 12 Meeting Notes

February 12 Meeting Notes

Lawrence website The Committee is planning on using a new theme and possibly high-resolution images of the Lawrence complex. The way information is organized will be restructured and the content will be updated where needed, such as in the Government, Maintenance, Garden, and Directions and […]

January 8 Meeting Notes

January 8 Meeting Notes

Social events A social event will tentatively be held between late February and mid-March. The Committee would also like to organize a Game of Thrones Final Season party in April. More information regarding these events will be shared in the upcoming weeks/months. Planned repairs Joshua […]

December 11 Meeting Notes

December 11 Meeting Notes

Elections were held for the 2019 Lawrence Committee. The new elected committee: President – Emilce Santana Vice President – Amit Halevi Secretary – Celia Chalfoun Social Chair – Richard A. Gagliardi GSG Representative – Joshua Bauchner Webmaster – Chris Tokita Garden Coordinator – Mauricio Loyola GSG updates: Joshua attended the housing retreat. Housing […]

November 13 Meeting Minutes

November 13 Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee election: Election will happen in December, with the following procedures: The committee will send out email to recruit for volunteers for election (election committee need residents independent of the election). The election committee will send out more detailed emails regarding the election process. […]

October 9 Meeting Minutes

October 9 Meeting Minutes

Garden: Garden cleanup session held on Oct. 6th. Lawrence garden 2018 T-shirts were distributed. Next open info session will be next season. Next Social Event: In previous years the committee has organized a trick-or-treating sign up for Lawrence residents who are willing to distribute candy […]

September 11 Meeting Minutes

September 11 Meeting Minutes

First meeting of the new academic year. Welcome back to Lawrence everyone! Composting: After the meeting, a new roadblock emerged; we remain committed to bringing composting to Lawrence but it will take longer than anticipated at the meeting. In addition, there is a new graduate […]

May 8 Meeting Minutes

May 8 Meeting Minutes

The May meeting was the last of the 2017-2018 academic year. The Lawrence Committee does not meet over the summer and will reconvene on September 11, 2018. Special election for garden coordinator: Mauricio Loyola is elected to be the new garden coordinator. Welcome Mauricio! Logistics: […]

Special Election Candidates 2018

Special Election Candidates 2018

Candidates for Garden Coordinator Andrew Kim No statement given Mauricio Loyola Would you like to grow some big and juicy tomatoes? Maybe fresh herbs for dinner? My name is Mauricio and I would love to give you a hand as the new garden coordinator. I […]

April 10 Meeting Minutes

April 10 Meeting Minutes

CSA Survey Results: Based on the CSA survey 23 people are interested and 8 are willing to help; will follow up with Lakeside to discuss participation. Garden and Special Election: There are 26 slots signed up for garden. There will be a garden open house […]

March 13th Lawrence Committee Meeting

March 13th Lawrence Committee Meeting

GSG meeting: An independent group is working on changes to room draw, including a pilot 2 year program to give priority to families, remove random roommates, and waive cancellation fees. For questions please see https://hres.princeton.edu/graduates. Public Safety will conduct their annual safety walk soon. Will try to have some representation from Lawrence to highlight specific […]

February 13th Lawrence Committee Meeting

February 13th Lawrence Committee Meeting

General: Discussed logistical issues, recapped responsibilities and transition items for new positions of committee members. Garden: In late March Sam will distribute the sign-up for the garden and hold an info session for interested residents. In the meantime residents can see the Garden Basics 2018 post on […]

Lawrence Election Results

Lawrence Election Results

The ballots for the election on January 9th have been tallied and the results are in! 2018 Lawrence Committee: President: Sarah James Vice President: Emilce Santana Secretary: Ran Zhang GSG Representative: Joshua Bauchner Garden Coordinator: Sam Richter Social Chair: Amitesh Datta Webmaster: Ruth Dannenfelser

November 14th Lawrence Committee Meeting

November 14th Lawrence Committee Meeting

Lawrence Committee Elections: Voting will take place at the December meeting in person We will send out an email shortly asking for volunteers to participate in the election as the Election Committee The election committee is in charge of sending out the emails regarding the […]

Lawrence Committee Meeting October 10th

Lawrence Committee Meeting October 10th

Facilities Updates: Package theft/delivery issues update: Public Safety urges residents to report any missing packages as soon as they notice Public Safety is asking residents to report any suspicious people by contacting Public Safety at 609-258-1000. The online anonymous tip submission form is also an […]

Lawrence Committee Meeting September 12

Lawrence Committee Meeting September 12

Package Delivery Updates: University is in communication with Amazon in regards to recent delivery issues that seem to stem from their use of another delivery company. Recommend that if a package is missing to please contact Public Safety to let them know and also contact […]

Lawrence Committee Meeting May 9 2017

Lawrence Committee Meeting May 9 2017

Golf Course: New net has been put up Golf course will let us know about any additional measure they have taken in regards to this matter Netting around the children’s playground is being investigated by the University as well. Parking lots during events: To prevent […]

Lawrence Committee Meeting April 11th

Lawrence Committee Meeting April 11th

Golf course response: Golf course is replacing the net along the driving range The committee is still collecting information about golf ball damage to respond to them. We will also monitor whether there is additional damage once the new net is put up. We are […]

Lawrence Committee Meeting March 14th

Lawrence Committee Meeting March 14th

Garden Update: Information and Sign up email will be sent out this week by Sam Richter Information meeting will be held after Spring Break Depending on weather, the garden should be started beginning to mid April Sam is also planning a Saturday morning event with […]

February Meeting Minutes

February Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee Meeting February 14th, 2017 Golf course issue In response to resident complaints, the committee has written a letter to be sent to the Springdale Golf Course notifying them of the issue of stray golf balls entering the apartment complex. Sam will send a […]

January Meeting Minutes

January Meeting Minutes

Yoga class at Lawrence Application for Yoga to be written Proposal letter to be submitted Class being held inside …outside on nice days? Post to website regarding weather updates for outdoor classes? How to choose who gets classes? Poll to see how many people are […]

December Meeting Minutes

December Meeting Minutes

Elections Each candidate presented a statement of up to 90 seconds in length Voting was conducted by secret ballot Elected President: Sarah James Vice President: Burcin Cakir Secretary: Katya Hyvarinen Social Chair: Emilce Santana Webmaster: Julia Wittes Garden Coordinator: Sam Richter GSG Rep: Xiaoyu Tang […]

November 2016 Meeting Minutes

November 2016 Meeting Minutes

In attendance: Matt King Xiaoyu Tang Anna Mostafavi Emilce Santana Joey Vella Sarah James Sam Richter Olivia Martel Michael Howard Katja Hyvarinen Donghun Lee Renato Pagliara Julia Wittes Lawrence Committee Election: December 13, our next meeting. Need an election committee of people who are not […]

October 2016 Meeting Minutes

October 2016 Meeting Minutes

In attendance Ana Mostafavi Sam Richter Emilce Santana Olivia Martel Joey Vella Julia Wittes Sarah James Car part theft According to Public Safety, three catalytic converters were stolen from cars within the span of a week this month at Lawrence. We believe that the cars […]

September 2016 Meeting Minutes

September 2016 Meeting Minutes

Attendance: Joey Vella Sarah James Jessica Dunville Ana Mostafavi Jared Balaich Jane Balaich Olivia Martel Matt King Xiaoyu Tang Emilce Santana Julia Wittes Lawrence Playground issues One resident saw another resident letting their dog go to the bathroom in the sandbox. Facilities is replacing the […]

April 2016 Committee Minutes

April 2016 Committee Minutes

Attendance: Lauren Anllo Joey Vella Allison Chaney Sara Johnson Olivia Martell Xiaoyu Tang Julia Wittes Burcin Cakir Topics of Discussion: BBQ Planning: Late in the Spring semester, the Lawrence Committee hosts an outdoor barbecue event for all residents. Our current social chair has one of […]

March Meeting Minutes

March Meeting Minutes

Attendance Lauren Anllo Burcin Cakir Xiaoyu Tang Julia Wittes Sarah James Allison Chaney Joey Vella Olivia Martel Discussed Items Instagram: The Graduate School is on Instagram. You can check out pictures of the Lawrence Committee meeting on the Grad School Instagram. LawrenceChat Listserv: We discussed […]

February Meeting Minutes

February Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee Meeting February 9, 2016 Mauricio Loyola Lauren Anllo Allison Chaney Olivia Martel Julia Wittes Xiaoyu Tang Joey Vella Sarah James Discussed Items: 1) Shopping Cart loss and tracking: The shopping carts in our apartment complex are often missing, and unable to be located. […]

January Meeting Minutes

January Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Election Meeting Minutes January 12, 2016 Attendance: Burcin Cakir James Park Ariane Ducellier Nathaniel Chaney Allison Chaney Julia Wittes A.J. Riggs Clelia Pozzi Sarah James Mai Yamaguchi Joseph Vella Olivia Martel Xiaoyu Tang Sema Berkiten Lauren Anllo Katie Riggs Part I: Election: Throughout the […]

December Meeting Minutes

December Meeting Minutes

Open forum: ● Progress of painting of lane lines in Lawrence parking lots? Olivia will touch base with Chris Warkala. ● There was a Safety Walk earlier this month at Graduate Housing locations. Sema, Julia and Olivia were at the walk. We passed along our […]

November Meeting Minutes

November Meeting Minutes

Topics of Discussion: Safety Concerns: There will be a formal safety meeting this coming Thursday with representatives from the Housing Committees, and University officials. The Lawrence Committee will have a representative attending this meeting. The meeting will involve a tour of the housing grounds and […]

October Lawrence Committee Meeting Minutes

October Lawrence Committee Meeting Minutes

October social events: Pumpkin carving, which has been popular in the past. Alison will organize the event, and other committee members will assist. Also, there will be trick-or-treating at Lawrence in apartments that display orange pumpkin signs on their doors. A ping pong table for […]

September Lawrence Committee Meeting Minutes

September Lawrence Committee Meeting Minutes

Discussion Topics: 1. Lawrence Listserv The Listserv has not yet been updated, so some new residents have not been added and some former residents have not yet been removed. Olivia is waiting for the correct information, and is in the process of making the update […]

May Lawrence Committee Meeting Minutes

May Lawrence Committee Meeting Minutes

Discussion Topics: Lawrence BBQ Event: The barbecue is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20th at 5:30pm The rain date will be May 21st. We will contact facilities about having access to the grill rental for the rain date if necessary. Flyers will be posted at the […]

April Committee Meeting Minutes

April Committee Meeting Minutes

Discussion Topics: Summer BBQ Planning: The BBQ will take place Tuesday, May 19th at 6pm. Set-up will begin at 5:30pm. Proposal: Xiaoyu will contact Rachael Barry from the GSG to obtain a copy of the BBQ proposal from 2013 to use as a guide for […]

March Meeting Minutes

March Meeting Minutes

Discussed Items Bicycles: A resident has raised the concern that there are many abandoned bikes in the shed near Lawrence Building 1. Olivia has notified Chris Warkala, who is looking into where the bike removal situation stands. Trash and Composting: A resident has informed the […]

February Meeting Minutes

February Meeting Minutes

Discussed Items E-mail communications from the committee: The Lawrence committee has monthly meetings at 6pm in the common area of Lawrence Building 1 on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. As a reminder to residents going forward, an e-mail will be sent out to the […]

January Election Minutes

January Election Minutes

Discussed Items: Election: The election was led by Andra. All candidates verbally gave their statements, and then ID-confirmed meeting attendants were given paper ballots to vote. Once the voting time allotted was completed, Andra tallied the votes and election winners were announced. Election results: President: […]

January Meeting Minutes

January Meeting Minutes

Discussed Items 1. Rogue Internet: OIT will address rogue access points in the near future. 2. Bike racks: a. Bikes should not be left chained to benches, or in the hallway. Please ask anyone with bikes in the hallway to remove them, as this is […]

November Minutes

November Minutes

Items discussed: 1. Wi-fi problem OIT has reported the slowing down of wi-fi signal in some buildings and they have observed private wireless points in several buildings. Reminders regarding the policy towards personal wifi set up will be sent out to residents. 2. Election The […]

October Minutes

October Minutes

Items discussed: 1. Elections The committee will send out an email to the residents in November to announce the vacant positions in the committee. We will provide the timing information for the temporary elections to fill these positions till the usual December elections. 2. Social […]

September Minutes

September Minutes

The main three issues discussed: Internet problems due to private wireless points, such as personal wireless routers or other pieces of equipment that broadcast over wireless, about which the committee decided to send a reminder to the residents, The Lawrence Welcome Picnic which will be held […]

April Meeting Minutes

April Meeting Minutes

Items discussed: A) Laundry Machine Cleaning Facilities will be contacted regarding the complaints about the mold growing in the washers of Building 1. B) Garden Opening & Social Event Together with the garden opening, the committee will organize an ice…

March Meeting Minutes

March Meeting Minutes

Items discussed: A)Vending Machine An additional vending machine(snack) will be placed in Lawrence 1 building. B)Garden The garden will be prepared for the spring. The committee will also request a repairment for the fence. B)Social Event Together with the…

February Meeting Minutes

February Meeting Minutes

Items discussed: A) Shuttles Addition of weekend shuttles does not look feasible right now. Regarding the request about busses that go to the gym at certain hours(during weekdays), the committee may contact to GSG. B)Vending Machines The possibilty of having…

January Meeting Minutes

January Meeting Minutes

Items discussed: A) Cardio Room Having a cardio room may not be feasible. However, the committee will ask whether it is possible to add extra busses that go to the gym at certain hours. B)Weekend Shuttles Addition of shuttles to…

December 2013 Minutes

December 2013 Minutes

Meeting Minutes: Shuttles on weekends? Would be nice, so lets nag the University, and make a shuttle to make our point that they’re needed. Shopping carts: probably time to send out another email asking people to bring them back. Lawrence…

Lawrence Committee Elections

Lawrence Committee Elections

Normal.dotm 0 0 1 482 2748 Princeton University 22 5 3374 12.0 0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in;…

November 2013 Minutes

November 2013 Minutes

Topics covered:- Election for Temporary position: Dan Collins wins interim social chair- Planning committee for election in December: Sarah, Jason?, Melissa- Reviewed constitution for election proceduresImportant upcoming dates for Lawrence Committee elections:- Dec 3rd @ 8PM: deadline for declaring candidacy-…

October 2013 Minutes

October 2013 Minutes

We continue investigating the prospect of putting a snack machine in Lawrence. by the way, if you didn’t know, there’s a drink machine already in Lawrence 1.Daniell Rowles, our social chair, has graduated. We are looking into running a special…

September 2013 Minutes

September 2013 Minutes

Items for discussion:A. Welcome partyTue 17 Sep 2013 5.30pm. Public safety will be present to do bike registrations. FREE FOOD. Olivia needs help with logistics.B. Social eventsBudget = $900 for the academic year. But we can ask GSG for more money. Allison:…

May 2013 Minutes

May 2013 Minutes

There is a Lawrence BBQ planned for Thursday, June 6. Keep your eyes out for advertisement.A car wash hose to be put out for use by residents.Attendance:Jason BrodskyYavus YetimDmitry GorenshteynDaniell RowlesAndra GeanaAllison Chaney…

April 2013 Minutes

April 2013 Minutes

The folliwng issues were discussed:(1) Wi-fi issue: Installation of permanent wi-fi setup would take place in this coming summer. Residents will be notified.(2) Recyling: Electronic wastes (computers, keyboards, etc) will be collected in June. There might be a yard-sale around…

March 2013 Minutes

March 2013 Minutes

OIT upgraded the wireless network in Lawrence.Successfully put in a quick fix, and planning to return this summer to make a permanent fix. Should take 3 weeks in August.  This fix won’t be a technological upgrade, just tidying the installation up….

February 2013 Minutes

February 2013 Minutes

Allison will create an email list for the residents who have plots in the garden and wants to do a survey. We had updates from Andra regarding the housing meeting with Jim Poole, mainly about Lake Side and Butler. Things are…

January 2013 Minutes

January 2013 Minutes

Yavus is taking care of the snow shovelsParking lines are faded, Olivia will investigate. Recycling improvements, Daniell reporting: Olivia will see if we can get trash cans to put next to the junk mail recylcing bins so people don’t dump trash…

December Meeting Minutes

December Meeting Minutes

Attendance:Hyungwon KimDaniell RowlesSarah GradyAndra GeanaJason BrodskyJaroslav TrnkaJakub SzeferAna BellAllison ChaneyPatrick IshizukaDmitry GorenshteynOlivia MartelYavuz YetimThe following issues were discussed:New committee members!President: Yavus YetimVice President: Andra GeanaSecretary: Jason BrodskyWeb Master: Sarah GradyGSG Representative: Dima GorenshteynSocial Chair: Daniell RowlesGarden Coordinator: Allison Chaney1. Last…

2012-2013 Election Candidates

2012-2013 Election Candidates

Candidate list will be updated as entries come in. The list will be finalized at 8pm on Dec 5. Candidates will have an opportunity to switch positions between 8pm Dec 5 and 8pm Dec 7.PresidentYavuz YetimThis is my fourth year…

November Meeting Minutes

November Meeting Minutes

Attendance:Jason BrodskyGeorge StenlikEric SmithAna BellAndra GeanaAllison ChancyJakub SzeferOzlen Bilgir YelimSarah GradyJaroslav TrnkaJan DaveyOlivia MartelDanielle RowlesYavuz YetimElizabeth OsenbaughPatrick IshizuicaThe following issues have been discussed:(1) Meeting with Jim Poole, the new Graduate Housing Director- Next year, they will try including 3rd-years in…

Lawrence Committee – October Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – October Meeting Minutes

Attendance: Hyungwon Kim Patrick IshizukaSema BerkitenFirdevs UlusSabbir LiakatDmitry GorenshteynAna BellOzlen Bilgir YetimTom MorrellAndra GeanaDaniell RowlesJaroslav TrnkaThe following issues were discussed:1. The garden coordinator will contact gardeners regarding usage of garden over the winter. 2. Tiger transit schedule has been adjusted. 3. Emergency exit in…

Lawrence Committee – September Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – September Meeting Minutes

Attendance:Hyungwon KimIan DaveyDaniell RowlesOlivia MartelYaroslav TrnkaJakub SzeferSabbir LiakatYavuz YetimAndra GeanaJohn KlopherThe following issues were discussed:1. The committee will send out a welcome email to residents about(a) Let residents know about the community blog where people can find out general information…

Lawrence Committee – May Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – May Meeting Minutes

Attendance:Hyungwon KimJaroslav TrnkaJakub SzeferOlivia MartelAndra GeanaThe following issues were discussed:1. May event is this Thursday. The party begins at 5:30 in the backyard of building 14.(Committee members are encouraged to show up around 4 to prepare.)2. The committee will organize…

Lawrence Committee and OIT – Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee and OIT – Meeting Minutes

The Committee met with OIT to discuss the wireless installation in Lawrence Apartments.Attendance:Hyungwon KimJakub SzeferAndra GeanaYavuz YetimAna BellOlivia MartelJaroslav TrnkaLeila Shahbendu (Senior Manager, OIT Customer Services)David Morreale (Seinor Manager, Office of Information Technology)1. New version of wi-fi system is being…

Lawrence Committee – April Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – April Meeting Minutes

Attendance:Hyungwon KimJaroslav TrnkaOlivia MartelYavuz YetimAndra GeanaAna BellIan DaveyDaniell RowlesJakub Szefer1. Next meeting will be May 15 (Tuesday). Note the different day.2. Meeting with OIT about the wireless construction is this Friday. Minutes from this meeting will be made available. 3. Ice…

Lawrence Committee – March Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – March Meeting Minutes

Attendance:Hyungwon KimJaroslav TrnkaYavuz YetimIan DaveyAndra GeanaAna BellCJ BellJakub SzeferDaniell RowlesDmitriy GorenshteynThe following issues were discussed:1. The website that makes it easy to submit complaints about wireless connection will be ready soon!2. Committee should add a strong subject line to entice…

Lawrence Committee – February Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – February Meeting Minutes

The next meeting will be Mar. 21Attendance:Hyungwon KimAna BellJaroslav TrnkaDaniell RowlesYavus YetimOlivia MartelJason BrodskyJan AlegreAndra GeanaThe following issues were discussed:1. We will send out a big email concerning “OIT Announcement” that covers:   – We have a scanner in each computer…

Lawrence Committee – January Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – January Meeting Minutes

The next meeting will be Feb. 15 at the common room of building #1 at 7:00 pm. Attendance:Hyungwon KimJaroslav TrnkaAna BellCJ BellJakub SzeferYavuz YtimAndra GeanaDaniell RowlesOlivia MartelNemanja AnticThe following issues were discussed:Shopping carts are missing – Jaroslav will send a warning…

Lawrence Committee – Election Day Meeting Minutes

Lawrence Committee – Election Day Meeting Minutes

We had a mini-meeting post election.The following is the attendance list : Hyungwon KimJaroslav TrnkaJose AzarCJ BellYavuz YetimAndra GeanaAna BellDaniell RowlesJakub Szefer1. Outgoing committee members informed incoming committee members of their tasks.2. Since many people will be away for vacation, there…