- Ana Mostafavi
- Sam Richter
- Emilce Santana
- Olivia Martel
- Joey Vella
- Julia Wittes
- Sarah James
Car part theft
- According to Public Safety, three catalytic converters were stolen from cars within the span of a week this month at Lawrence. We believe that the cars affected were Hondas and perhaps an Acura.
- Security – what can be done?
- Olivia will ask Public Safety if they will consider increasing patrols at Lawrence.
- The University cannot cover the cost of the repair but the Grad School may be able to provide a loan to Graduate Students who are affected by this kind of theft.
Fall Social Event
- Joey will check to see how many responses we have to our poll. We will go with the two most popular options.
- We will decide by email on the date and begin planning.
Funding application to the Graduate School for spring programming
- Tabled until next committee is elected
Potential purchase of carpet cleaning machine
- A resident requested that the Lawrence committee purchase a carpet cleaning machine.
- In the past, we had some vacuums, but it wasn’t clear where they would be kept, who would keep them, mind them, and repair them.
- Carpet cleaners are very expensive and large; we don’t know where to store it and how we could repair it. It doesn’t seem feasible to us.
- We do know a Lawrence resident who has a carpet shampooing attachment for his vacuum – we could perhaps put interested residents in touch.
- Would Facilities be able to clean carpets for a fee? Olivia will ask them.
- Held at our December meeting each year
- We must notify the community at least one month prior to the election
- Need an election committee of 3 Lawrence residents who will not be running in the election; they will manage the logistics of the election
- Joey can be on the committee but we need to find two other residents.
- If we can’t find anyone, we will advertise by email. We believe that serving on the election committee is maybe a 5-hour commitment tops, spread out over 6 weeks.
- Our old website (which Julia doesn’t have access to and can’t edit) will be removed.
- The new season begins in the Spring – we will be in touch with residents then.
- Garden cleanout will happen – they are removing large plants from the summer.
- Sam is managing the composters
- Possibly fall leaf collection?
- Non-gardeners who want to compost
- New committee can discuss whether we can do this