Princeton University

Lockouts and Key Replacement

The housing website provides details on lockouts and key replacement here. If you misplace or accidentally lock yourself out of your room, you have several options to regain access:

  • During business hours: contact The Service Point at (609) 258-8300
  • Outside of business hours:
    • Call Public Safety (609) 258-1000 to have them perform a lockout service (there is a fee)
    • (Not listed officially, but without a fee and generally what they will recommend if you call them): walk over to Public Safety and pick up a replacement key yourself