Lawrence Committee Elections:
- Voting will take place at the December meeting in person
- We will send out an email shortly asking for volunteers to participate in the election as the Election Committee
- The election committee is in charge of sending out the emails regarding the election itself as well as counting the ballots on the day of the election.
- The position will require no more than a few hours work in total.
GSG Meeting Updates:
- Discussion about changing the academic calendar so that the Fall semester ends before Winter break.
- If students have any comments or suggestions they can contact the Graduate Student Government at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Safety updates:
- A representative from Public safety discussed bike thefts as well as package thefts on campus.
- Please contact Public Safety at 609-258-1000 if a package or other item belonging to you appears to have been stolen
- United States Government tax proposal:
- Students are encouraged to contact the GSG in regards to the recent tax proposal to give suggestions to the GSG on a response to this or comment on the proposal in general.
- Clean up and open garden event took place in October, was well attended
- Overall this year there were 62 adult participants and 11 children
- The Garden will be opening again in the Spring, so please stay watch for any garden emails
- Resident brought up the possibility of Lawrence Apartments having regular compost pick up by the Township.
- We will relay this information and see if this is a viable option for Lawrence Apartments.
Social Event Planning:
- Saturday, December 9th
- Brunch event at Lawrence
- Possibly catered
- Possibly potluck style
- Email will be distributed once planning is complete
Road Change Issue:
- A resident brought to our attention that Princeton Township is considering connecting Springdale Road and West Drive in order to alleviate traffic issues in town.
- We will forward this information to the proper contact at the University
Shuttle Bus Issues:
- Recently residents have complained that the Shuttle Bus drivers are driving too quickly or erratically.
- This issue will be raised to the Transportation Advisory Board at the next meeting
- If you have any complaints about Transportation please contact Charlie Tennyson at email@example.com.
- The committee will be drafting a letter to send to the golf course in regards to the issue of golf balls being hit near the apartment buildings.
- The golf course has made changes over the summer and we would like to keep the dialogue open.
Traffic Light at Lawrence and Alexander:
- Residents are complaining that the light is still slow to change
- This issue will be raised to the Transportation Advisory Board at the meeting
- Package theft/delivery issues update:
- Public Safety urges residents to report any missing packages as soon as they notice
- Public Safety is asking residents to report any suspicious people by contacting Public Safety at 609-258-1000.
- The online anonymous tip submission form is also an option at https://publicsafety.princeton.edu/forms/tipline Please just be as specific as possible.
- Public Safety is working with USPS and Amazon to try and streamline and fix delivery issues.
- There have been some residents asking for security cameras to be installed, however this is an issue that is deliberated by the Security Advisory Board at the University
- Chris Warkala will ask if it is feasible to install security cameras and if so how long it will take for the board to make a decision.
- Smoking Issues:
- The smoking outposts are supposed to be 25 feet away from the building entrances, however some students are moving them so facilities will take charge of making sure they are being moved away from buildings. However residents are urged to NOT move these outposts back closer to the buildings since it affects residents. Thank you.
- There will be No Smoking signs placed around Building 1 for now
- Wooden benches/picnic tables
- Residents have complained that since they have been power washed they have had a lot of splinters so facilities will be sanding/painting them.
- Stop sign in Lawrence Parking lot:
- Greenery has overgrown making the sign hard to see, so facilities will be placing a sign 15 feet ahead of stop sign to state that there is a stop ahead.
- Golf balls issue around playground:
- University is looking into the possibility of adding a playground in another spot around the Lawrence Apartment Complex.
- Does not seem likely there is much that the golf course will do at this point as they have already replaced the netting around the driving range. He is investigating this, but it seems like a long shot.
Transportation Advisory Meeting Update:
- Stop light timing at Alexander/Lawrence
- Transportation is aware that the cycle is often very long for cars and buses waiting to turn onto Alexander Road
- Enterprise Rental Car Signs in the parking lot:
- There has been an issue of residents parking in these designated spots so the University is moving the signs down so that they will be more visible for residents.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any transportation related issues or concerns.
- Gardeners are encouraged to participate in the garden survey.
- Fall clean up will be in the morning of Saturday, October 21. Residents interested in signing up for the garden next spring, learning more, or just enjoying some time outside are invited to join. There will also be donuts to enjoy.
Fall Social Events:
- Stranger Things Screening:
- We will be screening episodes of Stranger Things for residents from 8pm on October 27th.
- There will be various fall themed drinks/food/candy
- Trick or Treating for Kids:
- We will be holding a trick or treating event for kids/parents who would like to participate
- Residents who would like to give out candy should sign up with their apartment number and building on our sign up sheet.
- Families are welcome to participate in a candy swap in the common room of building 14 at 6pm once trick-or-treating has finished.
- Will be taking place on October 31st at 5pm
Yoga class attendance issues
- Thursdays class will be changed to 4:30pm starting on October 19th for two weeks to test whether this allows more residents to attend.
- This was brought up by a number of attendees of the Thursday class
- Mondays yoga class will continue to be held at 7:30pm.
Package Delivery Updates:
- University is in communication with Amazon in regards to recent delivery issues that seem to stem from their use of another delivery company.
- Recommend that if a package is missing to please contact Public Safety to let them know and also contact your shipper.
- Some delivery companies can hold packages/mail until you are able to pick them up so this is an option if you are waiting on a valuable delivery.
- For Amazon deliveries, there is an option to send your packages to an Amazon locker and pick it up at your convenience. Please go to the Amazon website for more information.
- Lawrence Committee and the University will continue to monitor and work on problems with package delivery at Lawrence.
- At least for the time being, Lawrence Committee is going to stop making posts about mis-delivered packages to the website due to the large number of posts that are overwhelming the other website content and no evidence so far that it has helped recover any packages.
- We will be removing posts about missing packages that are over 3 weeks old.
- Formalized trick or treating for kids
- We will be sending an email asking residents who wish to participate to register their apartment so families with kids can go trick or treating around Lawrence and know which units are open to trick or treat-ers.
- There will be a time limit set in place (I.e. 6-7pm)
- We will also have fliers available with a Halloween symbol on them that residents can put up on their doors if they have candy for trick or treat-ers.
- Halloween Party
- Screening of an episode of Stranger Things on October 27th
- There will Halloween themed treats, drinks, etc.
- Email to follow with more details
- Issue was raised about receiving new moving and grocery carts for Lawrence apartments as many are old/in disrepair. Residents requested smaller shopping carts and hand carts.
- Housing will look into this and let us know.
- It is possible to open up the computer cluster with your main door key for Lawrence Apartments.
Garden Clean up:
- Sam Richter will be sending out an email to all Lawrence gardeners with formal dates for the garden clean up in the fall.
Elisabeth Tawa in Apt 804 is looking for a package delivered by UPS on 9/6. Please contact her at email@example.com if you have seen it.
A resident is looking for a package addressed to Claudia Roberts. If you have information about the package please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A resident of Building 1 is looking for a package in a “Bath and Bodyworks” box, addressed to Apartment #404. The box is blue and white. Please contact email@example.com with any information.
Weibo Fu in Building 11 is looking for a lost package from Amazon.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any information.
Sucharita Ray is looking for a package from Amazon that was supposed to be delivered on Aug 23. Please contact email@example.com if you find the package.
Yifu Liu in Building 10 is looking for a missing package from Amazon.com. Please contact Yifu at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have seen it.
A package addressed to Yang Li has gone missing. The package is from Amazon and was delivered on Sunday August 6th at noon. Please contact Yang at 951-534-7671 or email@example.com if you have any information.