On March 9th 2021, the Lawrence Committee held a regularly scheduled meeting. The following are the minutes of that meeting:
- The University’s transportation office has reported that they have taken actions to reduce crowding on the Weekend Shopper and in general on the buses. These actions include increased service, larger buses, and increased enforcement of social distancing.
- Kevin (Graduate School) has put in a request for keys to the closet where we suspect the current stock of shovels are located.
- Saumyashree (Facilities Manager) will put in a request to purchase additional shovels with the understanding that these will not come from the committee budget.
- Due to Covid, organization of a furniture drive for students moving out will not be possible.
- The Committee has decided to take on a full review of the number of furnished apartments at Lawrence suspecting that there may be greater demand for furnished apartments. As a first step, Deepen (president) and Yunxiu (External Relations Delegate) will examine the data on the number and take up of apartments and determine whether or not they are undersupplied.
- Liz (Gardening Coordinator) has put in a work order for laminated signs. The Garden shed’s main door has been repaired. The garden will also be tilled ahead of opening.
- Nastya (Social Chair) will organize a virtual board game event. Details will be sent out to the residents shortly.
- Noam (secretary) will fix the FAQ section of the website.
- Deepen Garg
- Chadi Saad-Roy
- Nastya Karpova
- Yunxiu Zhou
- Saumyashree Ghosh
- Liz Helfenberger
- Noam Reich
- Kevin Fleming
- Kenneth Paulaski
- Pria Jackson