October 2013 Minutes

We continue investigating the prospect of putting a snack machine in Lawrence. by the way, if you didn’t know, there’s a drink machine already in Lawrence 1.
Daniell Rowles, our social chair, has graduated. We are looking into running a special election to replace her. This might appeal to those looking to establish experience in advance of December’s elections.
First social event: pumpkin carving, on Tuesday 10/29, probably at 6pm.
Later social events: perhaps cookie decorating for the winter holidays? We’ll plan more in November.
Andra reports the traffic light leaving Lawrence has been having very long (timed at 4 minutes or more) wait times.  Olivia will follow up with her records from when this occurred before.
Recycling: Dima is waiting for someone from the GSG to give him the flyers. Jason will contact Office of Sustainability to see if they can bring electronics recycling bins to Lawrence.
Garden: Should the garden be tilled any time soon?
Attendance:
Olivia Martel
Dima Gorenshteyn
Andra Geana
Sarah Grady
Dan Collins
Jason Brodsky
Tom Morrell
Yavuz Yetim
Vijay Kumar

September 2013 Minutes

Items for discussion:
A. Welcome party
Tue 17 Sep 2013 5.30pm. Public safety will be present to do bike registrations. FREE FOOD. Olivia needs help with logistics.
B. Social events
Budget = $900 for the academic year. But we can ask GSG for more money. Allison: For smaller events people tend to come get food leave; doesn’t promote socialization. Verdict: spend a week to think about it. Email followup.
C. Recycling event
For disseminating information about recycling at Lawrence, composting etc. Contacting Office of Sustainability re: e-waste. Dima: there is already apparently supposed to be action taken (getting updates from GSG meeting tomorrow). Turn it into a social event? – Inconvenient Truth screening etc. Allison volunteered to make flyers/fridge magnets.
D. Wifi upgrading
If they enter individual apartments for work, residents are supposed to receive PERSONAL emails. Spotty wifi, possibly related to upgrading work (projected to be done inOctober); to be monitored. Trying not to bug OIT with complaints/requests.
E. Meeting times
Second Tuesdays 6pm.
F. Drink/snack vending machines
There’s a drinks machine in Law 1, but it doesn’t work. Olivia to ask Facilities about possible snack machine.
Attendance:
Olivia Martel
Allison Chaney
Dima Gorenshteyn
Andra Geana
Sema Berkiten
Sarah Grady
Jeongseok Lee
Joseph D’Silva
Guangyong Koh

Items Taken from Bldg 1 Laundry Room

It has come to our attention that there has been several items taken from members of the Lawrence Committee. The following individuals had clothing taken from the Bldg 1 laundry room this past weekend (June 28-30th): 

i) Hollis Dvorkin (hollisdvo@gmail.com):
A pair of brown Banana Republic slacks size 36B, a white dress shirt with a light blue window pane, a purple and white striped Ralph Lauren polo with the US open logo and two nude bras (about $350).
ii) Loan Le (lle@princeton.edu):
Six shirts (Nautica, Adidasm Nike, North Face, Lacoste) shorts, towels and mattress cover (about $650).
iii) Nyan Aung (nyanlynnaung@gmail.com):
An expensive dress shirt and a pair of shorts (about $200).
iv) Eric Zhang (eric.jh.zhang@gmail.com):
A bright orange polo shirt and a black workout t-shirt (about $60).


Please don’t forget to close any and all building doors (do not keep them propped open) and pick up your laundry in a timely fashion. To report any stolen items, do not hesitate to contact campus security.

May 2013 Minutes

There is a Lawrence BBQ planned for Thursday, June 6. Keep your eyes out for advertisement.

A car wash hose to be put out for use by residents.

Attendance:

Jason Brodsky

Yavus Yetim

Dmitry Gorenshteyn

Daniell Rowles

Andra Geana

Allison Chaney

April 2013 Minutes

The folliwng issues were discussed:
(1) Wi-fi issue: Installation of permanent wi-fi setup would take place in this coming summer. Residents will be notified.

(2) Recyling: Electronic wastes (computers, keyboards, etc) will be collected in June. There might be a yard-sale around the move out period. We will contact GSG about the ways we can participate in the furniture drive in early June.

(3) Garden: Please contact Allison if you want to claim plots.

(4) Ice cream social: Tentatively, this will happen on April 25 (Thursday). Exact date will be determined in the beginning of that week.

(5) Computers in the cluster are very slow. We will contact OIT about this issue.


Attendance:
Hyungwon Kim
Sarah Grady,
Olivia Martel,
Dmitry Gorenshteyn,
Daniell Rowles
Andra Geana
Yavus Yetim
Dan Collins
Burcin Cakir
Allison Chaney

March 2013 Minutes

OIT upgraded the wireless network in Lawrence.
Successfully put in a quick fix, and planning to return this summer to make a permanent fix. Should take 3 weeks in August.  This fix won’t be a technological upgrade, just tidying the installation up.  This will likely involve moving the antenna units from living rooms into bedrooms. Service should be as good or better.  They are planning to be very accommodating about working in residents’ rooms. They may install some more units, which may improve service.

**Any feedback about wireless service would be helpful now, because it would be nice to have before the upgrade is made permanent.

Social events:
Another movie night is possible?

Garden:
Allison is prepping the garden for the spring.  The fence could use some improvements–Olivia will touch base with Chris Warkala.

GSG:
Dima suggested to the GSG that we get a porter’s lodge in Lawrence. GSG response was that we might share Grad College or Lakeside’s porter’s lodge.

More broadly on packages and porters:
We’re very unlikely to get funding for a porter’s lodge, but what other ways can we solve problems like:
Secure package delivery
Vacuum cleaner distribution
Movie collection?

Perhaps residents can be part-time porters?

Attendance:

Attendence:
Yavus Yetim
Jason Brodsky
Andra Geana
Sarah Grady
Dima Gorenshteyn
Allison Chaney
Olivia Martel
Dave Morreale (OIT)
Nettie Pyne

February 2013 Minutes

Allison will create an email list for the residents who have plots in the garden and wants to do a survey. 

We had updates from Andra regarding the housing meeting with Jim Poole, mainly about Lake Side and Butler. Things are happening a bit faster this year about housing assignments.
Junk mail bins get some trash, and we are still working on that. 
There isn’t enough space for bikes because of old bikes, we are still working on that. 
We had a discussion about a porter’s lodge for the Lawrence Apartments and we will discuss it further to push for it. 

Attendance: 
Andra Geana
Dima Gorenshteyn
Allison Chaney
Sarah Grady
Yavuz Yetim

Lost-Package

A resident cannot find a parcel that was delivered by UPS on January 24th. The original message is below:

Hi there, 

I’m missing a parcel that was delivered by USPS last Thursday (Jan. 24th). The address is 9 Lawrence Drive, Apt. 203. According to USPS, the package has already been delivered. If it was accidentally delivered to another building or unit, please return it me as soon as possible. You can email me at: jyiu@princeton.edu

Thanks,
Jessica

January 2013 Minutes

Yavus is taking care of the snow shovels
Parking lines are faded, Olivia will investigate.

 
Recycling improvements, Daniell reporting: Olivia will see if we can get trash cans to put next to the junk mail recylcing bins so people don’t dump trash in the recyling. If that won’t work, maybe we can get caps for the bins with a slot for paper, to make it marginally less convenient to toss in trash.
 
Daniell: e-Waste recycling drive.  Also covering Lawrence recyling resources.  Daniell will contact sustainability.
Movie night: maybe once or twice a month. Daniell is in charge. Maybe watching sports games too.
We can only have alcohol at official Lawrence events if Olivia is there to supervise.
 
We have ordered a new 3-hole punch for the computer room. It will delivered to Andra this week.
 
Dima: Wifi is slowing down in building 1 on weekends.  No one else has noticed one way or another.  We’ll keep an eye on it, particularly if OIT moves forward with the long-term wifi improvements they discussed.

—————

Attendence:
Yavus Yetim
Andra Geana
Jason Brodsky
Sarah Grady
Dima Gorenshteyn
Daniell Rowles
Allison Chaney
Olivia Martel