Minutes for May 16, 2007 Meeting:
- Next meeting is set for early September
- The Ice Cream Social took place on Wednesday May 16th. The total money spent
for this event was approximately $300.
- Tara checked with Patriot Media regarding the cable service in the Lawerence 14
common room. Since we only pay 15 dollars for the basic coverage, we get
very limited number of channels. Upgrading to include most other cable channels is not
going to happen due to the excessive cost (> $50)
- It was reported that the TV remote in the high rise is missing. Patrick suggested
purchasing a universal remote. No final decision has been reached.
- Issues regarding package pickup were discussed after receiving complaints from
several resident regarding problems picking up packages. one idea is to have the
superintendent sign the carrier slip but the hour he is present at the Lawrence Apt
are too little to be of practical use. Another idea is to allow residents the option
of redirecting packages to the Porter Lodge in GC. This would obviously require making
prior arrangements. No decision has been made.
- The sensor on the traffic light at the intersection of Alexander and Lawrence Drive
does not work reliably. Residents complained of excessive long wait (some up to 20 minutes).
One idea proposed involve putting a ground sensor. All agreed that the university
needs to be made aware of this so they can contact the township.
- EXTRA $$$ – Since there are some extra money left from the budget, it was suggested that the money
be spent on purchasing of outdoor equipment. Items include lawn furniture (hammock) and
a bicycle pump. The purchase of more vacuum cleaner was also brought up, however due to the fact
that vacuuming are not promptly returned led to the suggestion that the residents should be
responsible for their own vacuum.
- Soliciting Signs – Concerns were raised in the past regarding excessive solicitation from
outside vendors in the Lawerence Apartment complex. The housing office has decided NOT
to put up the ‘NO SOLICITING’ sign. Rather it suggests that the students call public safety
if they see any anything.
- Concerns were raised that the identically marked entrances in the low-rise has led to
unreliable newspaper delivery. Possible solution include putting some sign to differentiate
the entrances. No formal decision has been reached
- Road signs for the access road to the clubhouse has been installed.
- The housing office is concerned about the lack of consistent policy regarding hosting
social events involving alcohol university housing. One possible outcomes is that
we may be required to have members of the public safety as well as a alcohol server for
any alcohol-related events having more than 50 people. The extra cost associated with this
will impact our rather modest budget. This issue is currently under active discussion.
- Concerns were raised regarding the presence of stray cats in the apartment complex. It was
suggested that the animal shelter be contacted