The minutes from the September 2010 meeting of the Lawrence committee have been posted. The next meeting is scheduled for Oct 20th at 7pm in the community room at 1 Lawrence Drive.
Minutes of September 22nd, 2010 Meeting:
Sevil Cakir Kilincoglu
Rafael Dix Carneiro
The following major issues were discussed:
2. The Lawrence Committee University account currently has U$953.37. The Committee’s Sovereign account has US$745.94.
3. As a reminder for future generations of the committee, we spent US$40.00 on cookies for the Lawrence Fall Welcome Reception.
4. Facilities is interested in hearing what your Major Maintenance
requests are. For those of you who donít know, Major Maintenance
requests are any improvements you wish to have done to your respective
areas and would apply to the Lawrence, Graduate College, Butler and
Hibben-Magie areas. Usually they are capital improvements that could
be pricey and could (possibly) take a very long time to come to
fruition but, in the overall scheme of things, youíd love to have them
happen. The committee is welcoming suggestions.
5. We encourage residents to respond the Graduate Housing Survey that
was sent to residents by Lisa Scheyer on Tuesday September 21st. Please
copy and paste the link below in order to respond to the survey:
6. Facilities are considering to close the laundry room at building 2, since very few people have been using it.
7. Barbecuers, please do not dump hot coal on the floor, for security reasons.
8. Maja’s (Garden Coordinator) update: There is a high percentage of
abadoned plots. 1/3 of the plots are unused. Weed is growing and
damaging the other productive plots. A security deposit proposal was
made: the committee will ask for a security deposit when residents
register for a plot. The deposit will be returned by the end of the
academic year unless the plot owner did not take care of the plot.
Also, rabbits have been damaging some plots. We urge plot owners to
shut the door when coming in and after leaving the garden.
9. The committee plans to have a Beer and Pizza social event on October 28th at 7pm.
10. Elections are planned to take place on early December. We remind
that in order to be eligible to run for positions, residents must
attend at least two meetings (including the election meeting).
The next meeting will take place on October 20th at 7pm in the community room at 1 Lawrence Drive.