The minutes from the November 2009 meeting of the Lawrence committee have been posted. The next meeting is scheduled for December 10, 2009 at 8:30PM in the community room at 14 Lawrence Drive. The elections for the 2010 committee will be held at this meeting!
Minutes for November 18th, 2009 Meeting:
Rafael Dix Carneiro ñ proxy Denise Kassab
Sevil Cakir Kilincoglu
Aurelien Fraisse (proxy Steven Bergsieker)
The following major issues were discussed:
1. Funding update: Total funding (both University account and Sovereign account) currently stands at US$1,893.00.
2. Regarding events, the Lawrence Committee will host a cookie and dessert contest on December 15th, 2009 at 8pm. Refreshments will be served. Prizes will be awarded to top 3 contestants.
3. Christina gave the following update on the Housing policy meeting:
The GSG Committee held a meeting on November 17th, 2009 to discuss future reduced availability of graduate housing. Items discussed include the redevelopment plans for Hibben Maggie and closing down of Butler Apartments Complex, possibly in 2012-2013. There are no major updates since Lawrence Committee’s October Meeting.
4. Olivia gave the following updates:
a. A ramp is being built at the back of Lawrence Building 1 ñ work is to be completed in the first week of December.
b. The issue regarding size of mailboxes is currently being discussed with Facilities – a better mechanism for receipt of mail is under way.
5. The Committee voted Yay=7, Nay=0 to hold the Committee Elections on December 10th, 2009 at 8:30pm. Residents seeking to run for the Lawrence Committee must verify eligibility and responsibilities for positions as Committee member. Please refer to the Lawrence Committee’s Constitution at the Lawrence Apartments website to view the roles and responsibilities of each member position in the Lawrence Committee prior to candidacy. The Lawrence Committee President will send an email to residents regarding the election process and requesting participation of three volunteers to serve on the election committee. The election procedures are to be decided by the election committee. In the event that there are not three volunteers, the Lawrence elections will take place in January 2010.
The next meeting will take place on 12/10/09 at 8:30PM in the community room at 14 Lawrence Drive.