Unfortunately many residents have experienced misdelivered packages, most typically when packages are delivered to the wrong building in Lawrence Apartments. Join the Lawrence Slack channels here for noting any missing packages and notifying the community if you find a package that isn’t where it’s supposed to be.
A few tips:
- Give the package a day or two — sometimes packages listed as “delivered” are just placed on the truck, but the carrier isn’t able to deliver it for the next few days.
- Sometimes carriers — for the most part Amazon — are instructed to take pictures of delivered packages. Contact your carrier to see if they have a physical record of when/where the package was delivered, as this might help track it down.
- You can file a missing mail report with USPS, but it’s not always the most efficient system.
- To keep tabs on your packages, consider signing up for USPS Informed Delivery or UPS My Choice. These free services allow you to view all the packages (and, in the case of USPS, scans of all your mail) that are scheduled to be delivered to your address — sometimes even before the retailer ships them out!
- If you contact the retailer you got the package from to report it as lost, you can sometimes receive a refund. Undelivered items are also something your credit card company and PayPal will compensate you for.