Lawrence committee elections for the 2016-2017 term will be held on Tuesday, December 13 at 6 pm in the Common Room of Building 1. Below is a timeline of various deadlines and events.
8 pm, Dec 7 (EST): Deadline for declaring candidacy
8 pm, Dec 9 (EST): Deadline for a candidate registered by the deadline above to change the position they are running for (to balance candidates among positions). This will also be the deadline for submitting a written candidate statement (limit: 500 words.)
For all candidates and residents:
8 pm, Dec 9 until 8 pm, Dec 12 (EST): Absentee ballots may be submitted by email, provided that residents provide a valid excuse for why they cannot attend the election meeting.
6 pm, Dec 13 (EST): Election meeting begins
6:15 pm, Dec 13 (EST): Candidates present oral statements. NOTE: Candidates who cannot attend the election meeting can ask to have a statement of up to 90 seconds in length read at the meeting.
~6:30 pm, Dec 13 (EST): Voting starts
~6:45 pm, Dec 13 (EST): Voting ends
Results will be available shortly after voting ends.
The base requirement for all candidates is to have attended at least two committee meetings (one of which can be the election meeting mentioned above) in the past year, and to be a resident of Lawrence Apartments. Positions and extra requirements are below:
- President – Graduate student who has served for at least one term, if no candidate meets the requirement then a graduate student who has been to at least three committee meetings
- Vice president – Graduate student who has served for at least one term, if no candidate meets the requirement then a graduate student who has been to at least three committee meetings
- Social chair
- GSG Representative – Graduate student
- Garden Coordinator
NOTE: For responsibilities and details on eligibility criteria refer to the constitution, Article III.
How to take action:
- Declaring candidacy: Write your candidacy statement and email it to email@example.com
- Changing position: Write the change to firstname.lastname@example.org
- See candidate profiles: See http://lawrence.princeton.edu/
- Email ballot: Write your excuse and email your votes for the positions to the election committee at email@example.com.