The resident of Building 1 Apt 703 is missing two packages from Amazon and a third from eBay. If anyone has seen them or has any information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The resident of Building 5 Apt 201 is looking for an Amazon package. Please contact email@example.com if you see it.
The resident of apartment 307 (Heejae Jang) is missing a package from Bed Bath and Beyond that was shipped by FedEx. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have seen or mistakenly picked up the package.
A resident in Apt 1106 is looking for a missing package, shipped in a yellow DHL box. If anyone has seen it or picked it up by mistake, please send an email to email@example.com.
The Lawrence Committee
- New net has been put up
- Golf course will let us know about any additional measure they have taken in regards to this matter
- Netting around the children’s playground is being investigated by the University as well.
Parking lots during events:
- To prevent non-residents from using our parking lot during reunions, Parking and Transportation has been asked to put up signs at the entrance
- As well, Lawrence apartments is not listed on any Reunions information as a parking lot for use
- Once the weather warms up we can start outdoor yoga classes at Lawrence
- Will be open to any resident who wants to participate
- Hopefully will begin sometime this month (weather permitting)
As a reminder there is a Graduate Housing Summit on Wednesday, May 17th at 5pm-7:30pm in Frist room 302 to discuss issues, questions or suggestions for the housing process and housing in general. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
- Golf course response:
- Golf course is replacing the net along the driving range
- The committee is still collecting information about golf ball damage to respond to them.
- We will also monitor whether there is additional damage once the new net is put up.
- We are also investigating with the University whether moving the toddler playground to another area in Lawrence is a viable option as well as asking the golf course to put up signage.
- Bake off
- Will take place on the 23rd of April starting at 3pm
- There will be a cookie decorating table for children with icing and sugar cookies provided
- Voting will be by ballot for the different categories (i.e. best tasting, most creative, etc.)
- Email will be sent out this week for pre-registration and further information
- Garden Update:
- A garden kick-off event is scheduled for this Saturday, April 15th at 9 am to 12 pm. All residents are welcome to come enjoy a donut and learn more about the garden.
- The garden info meeting and spring clean-up were well attended. Around 50 people are participating so far. Continuing sign-ups are invited and will go to a wait list.
- Upcoming events include a seed swap and a visit to the university greenhouses.
A resident in building 9 has two lost packages from Amazon.com. They are addressed to building 9, Apt 301. Please contact Kun Lu (firstname.lastname@example.org) if one of the packages was mistakenly delivered to you.
- Information and Sign up email will be sent out this week by Sam Richter
- Information meeting will be held after Spring Break
- Depending on weather, the garden should be started beginning to mid April
- Sam is also planning a Saturday morning event with donuts available for gardeners and friends
Bake off Event Planning:
- Will be held the weekend of April 23rd, Sunday afternoon or evening
- There will be multiple categories with prizes tbd
- An email will be sent out 2 weeks in advance asking residents to sign up for the contest
- There will also be a children’s activity
- Possibly a decorate your own cookie/cupcake table
- All baked items will be baked at home and brought to the event
Golf Course Letter Update:
- Golf Course will be replacing the netting around the driving range
- Which is being done regardless due to regular maintenance
- Possible further remedies include: a sign at the golf course reminding players that there is a residence here and to be careful, or emailing all members stating the same thing.
- Will be held every Monday and Wednesday @ 7:30pm, starting March 27th, going until June 15th
- Will be held in Building 14 common room
- There will be a separate email sent out with more information as well as a document to sign up for classes.
Bus Schedule issue:
- We are sending an email to Transportation requesting more bus service from 5-7pm as residents have noticed over crowding on these buses.
- We will await their response and let residents know.
Lawrence Committee Meeting February 14th, 2017
- Golf course issue
- In response to resident complaints, the committee has written a letter to be sent to the Springdale Golf Course notifying them of the issue of stray golf balls entering the apartment complex.
- Sam will send a physical copy of letter and Katja will email the letter as well.
- Bake off
- The second social event of the semester will be a bake off held in April.
- There may be different categories, depending on how many people sign up. One idea is a kids baking category.
- Residents will be notified about two weeks before the event to sign up
- Oscar awards show screening
- The first social event of the semester will be an Oscar awards show screening on Sunday, February 26.
- The event will feature popcorn, candy, snacks, and drinks. Possibly we will provide scorecards for people to guess winners within each category and give out prizes for correct guesses.
- Event will be advertised at least a week in advance.
- The committee has received funds from the Graduate School to host spring yoga classes. The classes are planned to begin indoors after Spring Break and then to move outdoors when the weather is nice enough.
- We need to confirm instructor availability
- Send instructor email regarding dates/times.
- The garden sign ups for next spring’s garden season will begin sometime in March. Sam will put up posters re: sign up for gardening.
- Recent change to bus schedule where after 5:30pm, the bus runs only every half hour instead of every 15 minutes
- Some residents have complained that the buses and very crowded because of this.
- The committee will bring this issue to the attention of appropriate parties.
Excessive doorbell ringing Building 10:
- Some residents have reported that unknown individuals are repeatedly ringing doorbells to request entrance to Building 10. It is a safety concern if residents are buzzing in unknown individuals.
- It is likely that these individuals are trying to access the laundry rooms, though Laundry is only for residents of Lawrence Apartments (who all have keys).
- The committee will post signs reminding residents of buildings with laundry rooms to please exercise their best judgment when buzzing people into the apartment.
Sustainable energy provider:
- A resident asked if the Lawrence website could be updated with information about using sustainable energy providers in addition to PSE&G. Housing has read the proposed text but raised some issues about the list of sustainable providers provided by the student.
- The committee is still working to finalize the text for the website.
We contacted grounds and as of January 2017, they use de-icing salts containing potassium chloride, calcium chloride, hydrated magnesium acetate and sodium chloride.